Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday Favorite #2: The Real Tuesday Weld

I don't even know how to begin to describe the beauty and intelligence of the music of The Real Tuesday Weld...a.k.a. Stephen Coates.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I first discovered The Real Tuesday Weld on the radio while driving home from Los Angeles well over a year ago. After looking up the song I heard on the radio I immediately purchased the album I, Lucifer to hear more. I was not disappointed...the whole album was fantastic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I loved every single song and was overjoyed to find that it was the soundtrack to a book of the same name by Glen Duncan. I, Lucifer is written in the voice of...well...the devil. It is the story Lucifer when he is given another chance at salvation by taking on the form of a human. I won't say anything more about the book because you really need to read it for yourself.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway, The Real Tuesday Weld is on my favorites list for so many reasons. Their music is a mixture of haunting melodies and whispery vocals. It is stylish and easy to listen to in almost any situation. (I listened to them all the time at my last job). I also enjoy the accompanying videos that I have seen on their website. The most recent album is called, Return of The Clerkenwell Kid which is also great. Please be sure to check it out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For more information see the links below


The Real Tuesday Weld
The Clerkenwell Kid
All Songs Considered (NPR)
Six Degrees Records
BBC Review of I, Lucifer

|